Teams contact Info
4th Grade Girls – Michael Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Boys – Tony M – email@example.com
5th Grade- Tiffany Rodrigues – firstname.lastname@example.org
6th Grade -Tiffany Rodrigues – email@example.com
6th Grade – Jesus Rodriguez – firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Grade – Jesus Rodriguez – email@example.com
8th Grade – Henry Colon – firstname.lastname@example.org
9th Grade – Junior Del A Hoz – email@example.com
9th Grade Blue – Junior Del A Hoz – firstname.lastname@example.org
10th Grade – Jesus Rodriguez – email@example.com
11th Grade – Mandy Zegarowski – firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue team – Mandy Zegarowski – email@example.com
Coaching Staff Responsibility
The coaching staff of MCW Starz is committed to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Strive to assist team members in the improvement of their individual strengths.
- Coach and stress the basic fundamentals of basketball.
- Create an environment in which the primary emphasis is placed upon the well being of the athletes.
- Conduct structured practices and attend all tournaments.
- Lead by example and demonstrate the value of fair play and sportsmanship.
- Be a leader and supporter of MCW Starz Mission statement.
Website and e-mail
The MCW Starz twitter @mcwstarz and our registration program email is used to better communicate information such as practice and tournament schedules to the team and parents. It is each player’s responsibility to check twitter regularly for updates.
Coaches for the MCW Starz are exclusively volunteers that are doing the best job they can in providing an educational, healthy, safe and fun time for our players. Even with those intentions in mind it is inevitable that there will be conflicts between coaches, parents and players. We urge everyone to address these issues in a positive manner, keeping in mind that we do what we do for the boys and girls. Our focus is creating a positive experience for the players. When an issue or problem arises please follow the following guidelines:
- Do not interfere with the coaches on game days. If you have an issue at a tournament that does not immediately affect someone’s safety please schedule a time to speak to the coach in person, by phone or by email no sooner than 24 hours after the conclusion of the tournament.
- If your issue cannot be resolved by the coach please contact any member of the Board of Directors. The member of the Board of Directors will be certain to make sure that your issue is handled by someone appropriately.
The following represent the expectations of the board and coaching staff regarding player responsibilities. Remember, you not only represent yourself, but the entire MCW Starz organization. This is a tremendous responsibility. The coaching staff and board volunteer their time and we trust you will exhibit a sense of pride and respect both on and off the court.
Players are expected to demonstrate respect to the coaching staff, officials, opponents, spectators, the board and especially their own teammates. The coaching staff places respect, attitude and character as top priorities of sportsmanship in our athletes.
- Players are expected to be courteous in word. Vulgar language is not acceptable.
- Players are expected to be courteous in action. Fighting of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Any illegal activity will result in immediate suspension pending investigation by the board.
- MCW Starz will be the first priority in athletics during the AAU basketball season (March thru June or July depending on the team).
- To play on this team is a privilege, not a right. Playing time must be earned through hard work and a commitment to improve your basketball skills.
- Three unexcused absences may result in action determined by the board.
- Players are expected to call the coach prior to the start of a scheduled practice / game in the event they will be late or will not be able to attend.
- Practice and game attire should be appropriate including: sneakers tied, shorts worn at waist and no jewelry.
- Players must arrive ready to start practice on time.
- Uniforms must be maintained as originally issued and may not be altered in any way.
- Players must bring complete uniform to all tournaments.
- Players must bring issued practice jersey to all practices.
- The use of tobacco, alcoholic products or illegal drugs or narcotics is prohibited at all times.
- Violation of any of the above responsibilities could result in suspension or dismissal from the team at the sole discretion of the board.
MCW Starz is non-profit organization. A non-refundable player fee provides the majority of the funding. This fee will cover expenses related to uniforms, AAU registration, tournaments, coaches travel, coaches stipend and gym fees.
The parent/guardian is responsible for:
- Arranging transportation to and from practices and tournaments.
- Arranging overnight stay at away tournaments.
- Expenses at away tournament, such as room for overnight stay, meals, etc.
- Demonstrating respect to coaching staff, officials, spectators, opponents and especially our team.
- As a team parent I recognize that I am a representative of the MCW Starz team. I will therefore maintain a positive attitude in myself and encourage that same positive attitude in my child in all team events and all related interactions at all times.
- Recognizing that I am part of a growing organization with financial needs, I will work toward assisting the organization in keeping our membership costs as low as possible by participate in team and organization sponsored fund-raising events.
- Understanding that failure to comply with club policies or failure to show proper respect to players, coaches or officials can result in disciplinary action or in extreme cases in the suspension or dismissal of my child from the team at the sole discretion of the board.